Cleaning mattresses at home involves certain difficulties. Due to its large size, it cannot be placed in a household appliance and washed with powder. As a result, there is a need for local processing of folk remedies, depending on the nature of the pollution. Blood, food and drink, baby urine, coffee, wine – all this spoils the aesthetic appearance of the product, leaves an unpleasant odor and causes confusion in the face of guests. To keep the mattress clean, you need to have enough knowledge of the basic treatment.
How to clean a mattress from blood stains
Hydrogen peroxide. Use a 6% solution of hydrogen peroxide, diluted with cold filtered water in a ratio of 2: 1. If the contamination is old, use a clean mixture. Apply the medicine in a generous layer directly on the stain or cosmetic swab, leave for 10 minutes, rub with a brush and rinse with cold water. After that, walk on the surface with a vacuum cleaner, if necessary, repeat the manipulation.
Do not try to block the blood with hot or warm water. Otherwise, it will be inserted even more into the mattress, which will completely eliminate the possibility of removing the stain.
Laundry soap. Soak the contamination with cold water, take a bar of laundry soap and carefully rub the mattress. Leave to soak for a quarter of an hour, covered with plastic wrap. After the expiration date, rub the stain with a toothbrush, rinse, vacuum. Wipe the treated area with a cotton swab. Make sure there are no traces.
Dilute Salt in 100 ml. filtered hot water 50 g. chopped with, mix, wait until the granules are completely dissolved. Cool the mixture to room temperature, then refrigerate for half an hour. After the expiration date, pour the mixture into a spray bottle, spray on the spot, leave for 20-30 minutes. Wipe off excess paper. It’s important! The saline solution can be replaced with a baking soda-based composition. To do this, dilute 20 g. dry mixture of 90-100 ml. cold water, cool and proceed in a similar pattern.
How to clean the mattress from traces and odors of urine
New moms grab their heads when the baby decides to urinate on the mattress again. This pollution is considered the most difficult to remove, because it leaves yellow traces and an unpleasant odor.
Dishwashing liquid The
method is designed to remove fresh stains. To use the composition properly, apply dishwashing liquid to the palm of your hand and rub it in before forming a thick foam. Spread the yellow stain evenly, wait 5-10 minutes, and then dry the mattress well with a paper towel. Repeat steps 5-7 times.
Urine stains are washed away immediately after formation. There is no need for the mattress to dry, you react immediately. Otherwise, there will be only one way out – professional dry cleaning.
Salt and lemon juice Squeeze the juice
of 2-3 lemons depending on the size of the place. Mix with fine food into a paste. Apply a thick layer on the mattress, cover with polyethylene, wait 2.5-3 hours. After a while, moisten a foam sponge in cold water, remove excess mixture.
A solution of 6% vinegar will help you get rid of unpleasant odors and unaesthetic yellow stains (do not mix it with the essence, the concentration is 12 times higher). Moisten the cosmetic disk, dry the stain several times, wait for half an hour. After the time has elapsed, apply vinegar on the traces of urine, leave for another 20 minutes. Wipe with a damp sponge, open the windows in the room, let the mattress disappear and dry.
Contaminate the contamination with ice water, sprinkle it with a large amount of baking soda, rub into the surface of the product for 5-10 minutes. Remove the excess paper towel, then reapply the soda, leave for 12-15 hours. After the expiration date, vacuum the mattress, evaluate the result.
To deal with old urine contaminants, mix a 6% solution of hydrogen peroxide with baking soda to form a slurry. Then cover the resulting mixture with pollution, wait 6-8 hours, rinse with cold water.
Mix equal amounts of tooth powder (can be replaced with toothpaste) and ethyl (medical) alcohol. Cover the mixture with a stain, wait for it to dry completely. Rub the dirt with a carpet brush and repeat the procedure if necessary.
Cleaning mattresses from pollution of different nature
- Fat Fresh stains should be filled immediately with non-alcoholic talcum powder, table salt or potato / corn starch. After a quarter of an hour, remove the composition with a vacuum cleaner, repeat the procedure. For best results, after the stain is treated with talcum powder, cover the stain with a cotton cloth and iron.
- Lipstick As in the previous method, medical alcohol will help get rid of bright traces of cosmetics (lipstick, foundation, concealer, etc.). Moisten a cotton swab in it, wipe off any contamination.
- Wine Traces of red or dew wine are removed with salt / soda. Dilute the mixture with purified water, put the porridge on the stain and wait for it to dry. As soon as this happens, clean the excess material and vacuum the surface.
- Marker. To remove traces of pencil or felt-tip pen, use any professional cleaner. It can be bought in a store or in a hypermarket.
- Vak pencils. If your child has soiled the mattress during painting, or you have accidentally dripped clean wax on the surface, look at this method. Put the sheet of the album in place, iron it, remove it, replace it with a new one. Repeat the process, placing a clean sheet each time.
- Coffee Dilute 30 ml. ammonia in 320 ml. filtered water. Moisten the sponge in the composition, cover the stain, wait 10 minutes. After this period, wrap the mattress in household or tar soap, dry well. It’s important! Saline solution helps to get rid of coffee: pour a teaspoon of salt of 120 ml. water, spread on the stain, wipe with a cloth, dry.
- Fruit Juices. Surely everyone has spilled juice or juice on the bed at least once in their life. You can remove the stain with a solution of 30 ml. ammonia and 45 ml. table vinegar. Put on gloves, moisten the sponge in the structure, wipe the trace before it completely disappears.
- Nail polish. If you accidentally catch nail polish during the manicure procedure, moisten a cotton swab in a liquid containing acetone or in a solvent. Rub the stain until it disappears. Then dilute to 25 ml. 9% vinegar 20 ml. with clean water, pour the composition into a bottle and distribute evenly. Dry and dry naturally.
Universal methods of cleaning mattresses
- Professional stain remover. The most effective way is considered to be chemical acid-base compositions. Such preparations do not spoil the fabric, remove traces of pollution, prevent rot (mold formation). Take a closer look at Antipyatin, Vanish, Doctor Backman, Amway, Unimak Ultra, Lok series. Based on personal preferences, you can buy the product in liquid or powder form, in the form of a pencil, wet wipes.
- Hydrogen peroxide and toothpaste. Mix 45 ml in one composition. 6% hydrogen peroxide solution, 40 g. toothpaste for whitening and 30 gr. potato starch. As a result, you should have a pasty mass. Apply it to the stain, dry, scrape and vacuum. In cases where the trace is not completely removed, repeat the steps again.
- Meat softener. Mix the bicarbonate juice and meat softener (sold in the food department of the hypermarket) in the same proportions, pour the dry mixture with cold water to a paste. Cover the stain freely, wait 25 minutes, clean with a damp sponge and pat dry.
- Starch Sprinkle 50 gr. potatoes or corn starch in 100 ml. filtered water, wait for the granules to swell, dry. Rub the bark with a toothbrush, vacuum. The tool is designed for the most complex pollution.
- Gasoline Only pure high octane gasoline (AI-98) is used for efficient mattress cleaning. It also fits in a product that is filled with lighters. Insert a cotton ball into it, start rubbing the stain intensively until it changes completely. As soon as this happens, sprinkle the contaminated area with fine salt, wait for it to be absorbed, shake.
- Glycerin. Take liquid glycerin to the pharmacy, heat it in a convenient way (microwave, water bath). Apply on a cotton pad, then rub the stain well, wait half an hour. After the expiration date, blot the mattress, remove stains with gasoline or vinegar. An important aspect is that traces of blood cannot be removed by this method.
Choose a product based on the nature and degree of contamination. If you want to get rid of traces and smells of baby urine, start cleaning immediately, do not try to dry the mattress beforehand. In case of traces of blood, be sure to soak the stains only with cold water (not hot or warm in any way).