The iron left marks on the clothes! How to remove burn mark on carpet? This question is by no means rhetorical. Hostesses who are faced with a similar problem will try the widest arsenal of folk methods.
The leaders among the means for removing such traces are:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Lemon juice
- Boric acid
Not! It is not necessary to water the offender with these means. Half a minute is enough to save and remove the mark from the iron. How to do this – we’ll talk below.
The regular detergent will remove yellow stains on freshly washed laundry.
Remove iron marks as follows:
1. pre-rinse the product with a “mark” in water;
2. Apply a small amount of detergent to the problem area, wipe the problem area (a liquid is also suitable, but a diluted powdery detergent will also work);
3. Leave the product to “soak” for half an hour;
5. Dry the item in the sun.
This is enough to remove small marks on the fabric.
A standard element of a home first aid kit will help get rid of stains and marks, remove the shine from the iron on clothes, and eliminate iron stains.
Here’s what to do:
- place the item on a flat surface – for example, on an ironing board;
- Apply a cloth soaked in peroxide to the stain;
- Lay a layer of dry cloth on top to form a kind of multi-layer sandwich;
- Preheat the iron to medium temperatures;
- Iron the layer located on top – the fabric soaked in peroxide will also warm up. The substance, in turn, will heat up and penetrate the fibres of the spoiled thing;
It is a great helper for everyone who has not purchased an iron with a safe ceramic soleplate.
It is used as follows:
- Squeeze lemon juice into a glass or other container. Therefore, it is still better to use the capacity.
- Apply the ready-made juice to the stain, making sure that it is covered with juice equally on all sides.
- Then it is required to soak the product with a “burn” in hot water for half an hour. Its temperature should be such that you can hold your hand and not get burned. In this case, take into account the recommendations of the manufacturers, because some fabrics are dyed with not too resistant paints. As a result of attempts to save a thing, it can completely ruin it.
- Rinse the product in cool water.
Lemon juice should not be used on fabrics that are afraid of bleach as it is known for its bleaching properties.
To get rid of traces of burn marks on cotton, use milk.
To do this, do the following:
- The cloth with traces left by the iron is soaked in sour milk, which is diluted with water. The optimal ratio for these purposes is one to one. Thrifty housewives can simply generously anoint the problem area.
- After an hour, rinse the item under running water to finally wash off the curd curds remaining on the fabric.
- Wash the product according to the care instructions.
To save things made of cotton material, or linen products, boric acid is useful.
This is done like this:
- It is necessary to purchase boric acid in a pharmacy it costs a penny, and the benefits cannot be overestimated.
- Prepare a solution. To do this, you will need to pour a teaspoon of boric acid into a glass of water.
- After a part of an hour, rinse under flowing water.
- Iron it with the lowest temperature to avoid relapse
- Enjoy a beautiful thing that will not leave marks, no matter what caused them.
Vinegar is an acid that can be used outside the kitchen. The substance will help hide traces of “crime” – stains left by the iron.
To do this, do not use too much vinegar. With the help of vinegar, you can restore the lost colour of the fabric. It is enough to rinse the item with a weak water-vinegar solution.
We hope that our tips will help you get rid of the unpleasant consequences of ironing, from which those who use an iron without an auto-off function are not insured. An iron stain is not a sentence, but a temporary nuisance that you can easily get rid of on your own using the tools available in your home first-aid kit and refrigerator.